Industrial deafness is one of the most common industrial diseases and can result in temporary or permanent hearing loss or problems with hearing such as tinnitus. Working in excessive noise can cause hearing loss.
If you are exposed to excessive noise at work, you may suffer from industrial deafness. The most common work environments in which industrial deafness can occur are in factories, construction, music, mining, engineering, call centres, motor vehicles, quarrying, machinery and equipment manufacturing, and many other industries similar to these.
Common symptoms of industrial deafness include:
- Lack of hearing in one or both ears
- Missing part or full sentences in a conversation
- Struggling to hear speech when there is background noise
- Having to turn up the TV or radio to high levels to hear properly
- Temporary or permanent lack of hearing
- Constant ringing, buzzing, hissing, droning, roaring and ticking noises is a sign of tinnitus.
Please fill out the form below and one of our specialist advisors will call you shortly (without obligation) to discuss your claim further on a No Win, No Fee basis.